13 Sep, 2021
Genuinely remote friendly: candidates can work remotely anywhere within Australia or New Zealand. Australians looking to return from overseas are also encouraged to apply.
Alooba is looking for a talented Senior Product Analyst for our client headquartered in Melbourne. This Australian technology company is genuinely one the leaders in its vertical. A highly successful founder-led business since inception 15 years ago, this business has now entered an exciting new growth phase being transformed under new leadership. This business uses its heart as much as its head, with diversity and inclusion central to everything it does. It’s regularly rated as one of the best places to work in Australia and was doing remote work before it was a thing.
As a Senior Product Analyst you’ll work in a cross functional team of engineers, designers and product managers. With your inquisitive nature, your team will rely on you to proactively translate large amounts of data into actionable insights, again and again. You’ll need to have the technical acumen to wrangle, analyse and visualise data, as well as the strong communication skills to convey your insights, and the business acumen to know what matters most. This particular team is very output-focused, with direct communication style and a “get-stuff-done” mentality.
- Proactively own the end-to-end analytics process in your team.
- Defining, setting up tracking and analysing the results of A/B tests.
- Engaging with your team and encouraging a data-informed approach across the company.
- Proactively looking into issues & trends, seeking to resolve them ASAP.
- Building, developing and maintaining dashboarding and reporting used by your team and the wider business.
- Proactively communicating the insights from your analysis and trying to drive home the required improvements.
- Defining and advocating metrics to track product health and user happiness.
Skills & Experience
- You most likely have at least a couple of years of analytics experience, ideally within product analytics specifically.
- Some experience in the end-to-end process of running A/B tests, from initial hypothesis, tracking, analysis and driving the required changes.
- You have a mastery of SQL. You use it day-in, day-out and you dream in joins and unions.
- You’ll have a solid grasp of statistics; you’ll know your T score from your Z score, and probably have an opinion on the Bayesian vs frequentist debate.
- You’ll have strong experience in any BI or visualisation tool (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Python or R.
- You’ll have a strong ‘business brain’, with any entrepreneurial highly regarded
- Market-based, highly competitive salary.
- Generous paid parental leave, learning opportunities and social connection.
- Genuinely flexible working conditions - work from home, remotely or from the office in Melbourne CBD (pending pandemic restrictions).
- Genuinely respectful, welcoming and inclusive environment.
- A certified B Corp company; this company acts with their heart and head.
100% Remote | Work From Home