- Join ASX Financial Leader
- Permanent, full time position
- Flexible location – can be based from anywhere in Australia!
About the role:
To provide credit assessment support to front-line staff for client submissions.
Tasks may include:
- Preparing risk grading, credit submissions for new and existing customers, completion of periodic reviews and attending to relevant administrative activities.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with front-line staff, contributing to growth and retention of customer base.
- Maintain high service standards with clients through effective communication and time management of tasks.
- Build internal stakeholder network.
- Provide lending support for immediate and broader portfolio, including:
- Use of risk grading tools, such as Optimist or Moodys, for financial spreading
- Understanding of complex group structures and being able to show representation of it
- Completing analysis and writing credit submissions
- Ensure that BOQ’s credit policies, procedures and audit requirements are adhered to in respect of above tasks.
- Support front-line staff in managing expired facilities and annual reviews on portfolio.
- Support wider network in origination and management of commercial health deals.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed successfully
- Previous banking experience preferred, including exposure to lending.
- Strong time management, numeracy, problem solving, communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principals, the credit code and privacy act. Ability to use initiative.
- Working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 2000, MS Office and Microsoft Server technology.
- Experience in using financial spreading and risk grading tools, for client grading and complex financial servicing will he highly regarded.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.