Lendi is looking for an experienced data product owner to join our Data Pipelines team. The data pipelines team is responsible for building and maintaining our data warehouse as well as our complex suite of data pipelines.
Lendi is Australia's fastest-growing Fintech business and we're building a technology-enabled platform to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi Group is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
Our developers and engineers are the key people leading this revolution.
Lendi Group, comprising both the Lendi and Aussie Home Loans brands is looking for an experienced Team Lead to head up a newly formed data pipelines team. The Team Lead will be responsible for managing a small team of up to 5 data engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our Product/Engineering team. We value evidence-backed opinions and will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities in planning and resource allocation, architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Enable change in an organization context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage, refine and prioritize the product backlog for the Data Pipeline team
- Translate business data needs into actionable user stories and technical requirements meaningful to both business stakeholders and technology
- Analyze, document and validate complex data requirements, create functional specifications/user stories and feature acceptance criteria
- Coordination between data pipeline teams and business teams to ensure dependencies understood and priorities set
- Design and execute functional tests and manage user acceptance testing
- Awareness of data related Lendi platform usage trends
- Resolve and/or assists in the production support
- Helps to coordinate releases and develop communication materials
- Promote an innovative culture in the Data Pipeline team
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years’ experience as a Technical Business Analyst or Technical/Data Analyst
- A strong grasp on best practice and the ability to guide and mentor other members on the team
- A strong passion for data platforms and warehouses with recent experience in financial services or a start-up (agile expertise essential)
- Excellent in requirements gathering, analytical skills, strategic problem solving and planning
- Strong ability to remove any blockers
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- Strong grasp of data analysis, data mapping, data modelling, cleansing and data migration activities
- Strong attention to detail and observational skills
- Basic knowledge of stream data processing, data warehousing, data architecture and data governance
- A desire to continually improve the way in that you and your team work
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers and stakeholders
- Empathy for your colleagues and the challenges they face
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Basic SQL scripting and modelling skills
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines, Tableau or similar BI tools
- Awareness of Continuous Integration and DevOps principles and processes [Data Infrastructure as Code]
Benefits and perks:
- ‘Flex First’ - flexibility of remote working (home and/or office)
- We take Career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- ‘Awesome Days’ - an extra day’s leave a year to do something awesome!
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.