I am currently working with an exceptional scale-up in Melbourne & Sydney, dare I say it… one of the most exciting product businesses in Australia right now. They have a first-class leadership team, are incredibly well backed, as well as some of the best Software Engineers in the game. Just Digital People
are working with a fin-tech start-up & scale-up that has just come out of Beta phase and has recently started onboarding customers. They operate in the banking and home loans space and have created a product that already has heads turning. Hence has received some pretty hefty backing, which will be purely used for growth. The product is aimed at making sure consumers are not out of pocket by the big players and banks in the loans space.
They are looking for a passionate Senior Security Engineer, who loves what they do & has aspirations to take the next step in their career on a path to become Head of Security. This is a fast-paced and agile environment, where you will be joining a team that have the consumers at the heart of every decision. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role, so coming from a business where you have been instrumental in curating the Security practices and processes will be key.
With offices in Melbourne and Sydney, they are ideally looking for people based in these cities; however, they will also consider fully remote for the right person. If you are in Sydney / Melbourne, they are incredibly flexible to work around YOU. Most people go to the office every Thursday (when we can) but that’s more for social and being around the awesome humans in the team – certainly not a requirement. What you will bring to the team?
- A positive and can-do attitude, no ego’s in sight!
- Enjoy solving problems at their roots
- Bring an innovative mindset, they love naturally curious people
- A focus on the best possible experience for their consumers from both an engineering and a business mindset
- A love for engineering & security best practice
- A solid knowledge of security - attack techniques, threat vectors
- Capable of looking at the platform as a 360 degree view, learning what key risks are and forming a delivery plan to start to de-risk in a hands on capacity
- A clear communicator who is capable of explaining the complex in the simple to C-Level and key stake holders
- A clear communicator who is capable of diving into the low level with the tech team
- Get the job done attitude
- Someone who can commit to the team and becomes an integral part of the business
- As mentioned - They are happy to look at agnostic Engineers / different stacks, as good Engineers are good no matter the tool.
These guys love technology-agnostic folk, so you do not need to be a technical SME in all of the below, solid implementation & configuration knowledge with at least one of the following vendors and/or products will be required:
What’s in it for you?
- AWS, Typescript, Groovy, React - is the tech more broadly used in the business
- A solid knowledge of AWS is key
- And experience working in security in the retail banking or FinTech space with a importance placed around the customers will be key
- Market-leading salaries & ESOP up for grabs
- INCREDIBLE GROWTH – THIS ROLE WILL SEE YOU PROGRESS INTO "HEAD OF" ROLE
- Employee Stock Options
- Incredible Flexibility in your working day
- Contribute to a hugely exciting product which will save A LOT of Australians money and time
- Work with some of the best Engineers
This is a fantastic role for someone who is looking to take on a new challenge and work with a growing business, they sit at around 60 in total at the moment and will be doubling in size over the next 12 months.
If this is not quite what you are after & still would love to chat. Don’t worry, drop me a note, as we have a lot of wonderful opportunities right now – no doubt we can find the perfect match for you!
You know what to do – click that apply button or get in touch for more details. Dominic Elliott
Senior Consultant Just Digital People 0491011875 email@example.com