Lendi Group is Australia’s #1 online home loan platform. Every day we help thousands of Australians research, compare, apply for and settle their home loans online.
We’re a home loan business that was born digital. We focus on using technology to make the lives of our customers and brokers easier, and it’s really paid off.
We’ve won awards for innovation; pioneered direct platform integration with some of Australia’s largest banks; codified compliance across our panel, and settled more than $13 billion in home loans for our Customers.
The Role & Team
As Level 1 Risk Analyst in Aussie Home Loans’ Operations & Broker Experience team, you’ll be pivotal in supporting and driving operational risk management, continuous improvement and consistency across a variety of business areas.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk & Controls, you’ll actively partner with ‘Heads of’, Risk & Control Champions and other risk personnel to enhance Aussie’s risk culture.
Providing hands-on support with incident and issue management, you'll conduct risk assessments, controls testing, risk profiles, monitoring and reporting, and work closely with Aussie’s independent Line 2 Risk & Compliance team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support Line 1 Risk champions in risk management & develop a strong culture therein
- Assist the ongoing transition of risk & compliance management activities from Line 2 to Line 1
- Drive outcomes with Risk & Control Self-Assessment & establish CAP testing
- Form the point of approval for all risk incidents & issues, managing timely completion & follow up of overdue items
- Ensure all onboarded suppliers are correctly tiered & complete required risk assessments
- Monitor supplier stats & drive completion stats for all required reviews
- Assist in rollout & uptake of Aussie’s Risk system across Line 1
- Support & contribute to fortnightly cross-business Line 1 risk standups
- Test & challenge key controls in place to mitigate high-rated risks
- Identify & implement best practice preventative & detective controls across processes
- Assist with conducting (and responding to) regular risk culture surveys across the business
- Assist with design & rollout of appropriate, understandable operational risk training to different levels of the business
- Engage in value-add activities by reducing rework & processing errors
- Apply problem solving skills to variations in procedures & recommend appropriate amendments
- Undertake UAT for new processes & business rules being applied to Lighthouse
- Take ownership for Lighthouse & engagements to the system, including retrospective corrections
- Adopt a culture of risk management & compliance
- Ensure adherence to all company policies, risk appetite & legislative requirements
- Participate in cross training with minimisation of key person risk.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with operational risk / risk governance - mandatory
- Previous experience within an operational role of similar nature – highly desirable
- A good understanding of RCSA & CAP testing requirements
- Intermediate Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups) - mandatory
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - essential
- Ability to work both independently & part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure & reprioritise tasks as required
- Acute attention to detail & ability to learn quickly
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce/Finance or related - desirable
- Understanding of mortgage brokerage & franchise models – highly desirable.
Perks & Benefits
- Lendi Group takes career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- Our 'Flex-first’ policy allows you to choose your preferred working arrangement, whether it's working remotely and/or from home, in-office or a combination thereof
- Regular social and team-building activities
- Inclusive, forward-thinking, fun & supportive company culture.
This is an opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting groups in the tech finance industry. As we continue to grow, we want to take you on the journey.
Excited and ready to take the next step in your career?
The only risk of not applying is missing out on where this could take you...
Lendi Group is an equal opportunity employer that proudly champions flexibility, diversity & inclusion and psychological safety for all staff.