LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 Australasian Law Awards. In early 2021 we opened our virtual doors in New Zealand and we're excited to grow our team!
We are looking for an experienced Lawyer to join our highly successful Corporate & Commercial Practice Group. You will work alongside a team of exceptional corporate and commercial lawyers as well as our Growth, Tech and Marketing teams to deliver quality work and an exceptional experience to every client you interact with. This role can be based anywhere in Australia or New Zealand!
Our client base is as diverse as it is interesting. We act for an incredibly broad range of clients from Startups/SMEs through to multi-jurisdictional enterprises, helping them with a broad range of needs including sale and purchase of businesses, shareholder agreements, business structuring and Corporations Act compliance, as well as day to day commercial contracts, such as supply, service, distribution and technology-related contracts.
This position is ideal for an Associate level lawyer with broad expertise in corporate and/or commercial law. You should have experience in effectively managing workflows and projects in a fast paced environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced: 2-4 years' post admission experience in a quality legal environment, specialising in corporate and/or commercial law.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands industry; cares about growth.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; goes with the flow; improves every day.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t always need it; owns their work; loves responsibility.
- Optimistic: Sees the best in situations; is solutions focused; never gives up.
- No billable hours, and no suits!
- Competitive salary.
- Fast-paced startup environment with endless growth opportunities.
- Talented and energetic team members.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
- Relaxed (and dog friendly!) office environment + fully supported working from home arrangements.
If this role sounds like it could be a great next step, we’d love to hear from you. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the role is filled, so apply early to avoid missing out.