LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Best Law Firm at the Australian Law Awards in 2021.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced technology and privacy lawyer to join LegalVision’s rapidly growing Corporate & Commercial Practice Group. We’re looking for a technically strong lawyer with a passion for client service, who is keen to help us build our practice further.
You’ll be working with a passionate, energetic and high-performing team of lawyers across a broad range of transactional matters. Our team services small, medium and enterprise level clients, with a focus on providing efficient, cost-effective and quality legal services.
This is an opportunity to practice law differently - without the inflexibility, micromanagement and facetime of traditional law firms - whilst continuing to work on complex matters with sophisticated clients. You’ll enjoy the benefits of autonomy and flexibility, whilst working alongside industry experts who genuinely care about and are invested in your professional growth.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of IT Contracts - this will include IT Services Agreements, Managed Services Agreements, SaaS Agreements, Telecommunications Services Agreements, Development Agreements, Privacy Advices and e-commerce documents (such as website terms and conditions, privacy policies, etc).
- You’ll also be drafting, reviewing and negotiating non-IT related commercial contracts, including Goods & Services Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements, Distribution Agreements, IP Assignment & Licensing Agreements.
- Owning and building client relationships - LegalVision has a unique client-centric approach to delivering legal services. We understand that quality and technical expertise is a given, and what our clients really want is a trusted business advisor that delivers an exceptional client experience. You’ll be expected to take ownership of all of your clients, and be the client point of contact on all of your matters. You’ll also be involved in building these client relationships, and finding ways that LegalVision can add ongoing value to the client’s business.
- Building skills and knowledge outside of your area of expertise – our lawyers work collaboratively across a range of commercial practice areas, while maintaining their own specialities. A LegalVisionary is someone who is adaptable to change and new challenges, and is willing to get their hands dirty in new areas of law.
The Ideal Candidate
- Quality experience: 6+ years experience from a reputable legal environment, whether in-house or private practice or both, with experience working with IT contracts.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; smashes it out.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; cares about business growth (including helping to grow our business further).
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need too much of it; owns their work and capable of working independently; loves responsibility and working directly with clients.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day, and recognises that at a start-up likely LegalVision, change is our constant!.
- Positive: Loves assisting clients and providing an amazing client experience.
- No billable hours, and no suits!
- Fast-paced startup environment with endless growth opportunities.
- Talented and energetic team members.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
- Relaxed (and dog friendly!) office environment + fully supported working from home arrangements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the role is filled, so apply early to avoid missing out.