LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Best Law Firm at the Australian Law Awards in 2021.
An exciting opportunity exists for a senior Banking and Finance Lawyer to join LegalVision in our growing Corporate and Commercial Practice Group. We’re looking for a technical lawyer with a passion for client service, who is keen to help us build our practice further.
You’ll be working with a passionate, energetic and high-performing team of corporate and commercial law specialists across a range of banking and finance, as well as general corporate and commercial advisory matters. Our team services small, medium and enterprise level clients, with a focus on quality and providing efficient, cost-effective and innovative legal services.
This position can be performed from our HQ in Sydney, or remotely from anywhere in Australia.
How You’ll Help our Clients
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating loan agreements, security documents, guarantees, SAFEs and convertible notes.
- Advising startups and investors in relation to business structuring, financing and PPSA related queries.
- Project managing venture debt transactions including preparing term sheets, drafting and negotiation transaction documents and attending to completion.
- Managing and mentoring junior lawyers in the Corporate and Commercial Practice Group.
The Ideal Candidate
- Quality experience: 5+ years of experience in a reputable legal environment, whether in-house or private practice or both, specialising in banking and finance law.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively; focuses on what matters; delivers on time, every time.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; cares about our clients' success and LegalVision's too.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; has a growth mindset; improves every day.
- Fast-paced startup environment with exciting growth opportunities.
- Talented and energetic team members.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
- Relaxed (and dog friendly!) office environment + fully supported remote work arrangements.
How to Apply
If this sounds like your kind of role, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the role is filled, so apply early to avoid missing out.