LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Best Law Firm at the Australian Law Awards in 2021.
To propel our rapid growth, we’re looking for a successful corporate tax lawyer to join our growing Corporate team as a Senior Lawyer.
You will be responsible for providing high-quality legal services to our valued clients. You will oversee and sign-off on work from junior lawyers, provide guidance on scoping considerations to the Growth team, and work with our Tech, Marketing and Legal Transformation teams to question the status quo and develop new products and services.
This position is ideal for an accomplished Associate or Senior Associate level lawyer with experience working with a broad range of commercial tax matters.
How You’ll Support Our Clients
- Initial business structuring;
- Restructuring/rollover relief;
- Business exit planning (incl. small business CGT concessions);
- ESS/ESOP design and eligibility advice;
- Property development structuring;
- ATO/OSR objections and appeals;
- Drafting ATO/OSR rulings;
- Drafting/amending trust deeds;
- Inbound/outbound business structuring; and
- Inbound investment advice.
- Experienced: At least 5 years of quality experience in tax law at a recognised firm/s.
- Startup savvy: Interested in NewLaw, startups and innovation; excited to disrupt BigLaw.
- Efficient: Prioritises and manages effectively; focuses on what matters.
- Commercial: Has business acumen; understands industry; cares about growth.
- Autonomous: Likes help, but doesn’t need it; owns their work; loves responsibility.
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly; rolls with the punches; improves every day.
- Always positive: Loves assisting clients and making them happy every time.
- Competitive salary
- No billable hours - ever!
- Flexibility - we know that life happens, so we have the tools and mindset to enable and empower our team to work flexibly.
- Relaxed yet energetic office environment.
- Talented and energetic team members, driven towards a shared goal.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities
- Casual dress code - no suits!
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
- Regular social activities.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like your ideal next move, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early to avoid missing out.