An exciting opportunity is available to be part of an award-winning multi-year initiative to modernise PDG’s core business systems. At PDG you will play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation through agile delivery and DevOps approaches. This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams to build a modern web application (using Vue.js) for processing Patents. Under the direction of the Delivery Manager and Technical Lead, this role will:
- Develop user interface and user experience designs that meet user needs.
- Create and maintain interface wireframes and mock-ups
- Coach and mentor PDG’s workforce in leading user interface and user experience design
- Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment.
- Undertake additional duties as required; Applicants must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team. Applicants are also expected to be proactive and motivated to build their site knowledge of the business and technical areas at PDG that are relevant to their role. This role can be performed mostly remotely. There may be short periods (1-2 days every 2 months) where onsite work in Canberra is required to support UI/UX design activities.
Proficient in designing modern user experiences and user interfaces (Figma, Balsamiq, etc – provide examples)
Experience in or knowledge of: • MuleSoft (or similar integration platform) • Pega (or similar BPM tool) • Containerisation (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker) • CI/CD (Jenkins) • AWS.
Experience working with data storage technologies such as NoSQL Elastic Search, RDBMS PostgreSQL and Oracle