10 Nov, 2021
- Want To Work For a Cutting Edge Tech Start-Up Within Blockchain and NFT’s?
- Are you a motivated, results-oriented team player?
- Do You Appreciate the Flexibility of Working From Home?
Virtually Human Studios (VHS) in exploring the fringes of entertainment delivery for the next generation. Founded in 2019, Virtually Human is a gaming and entertainment blockchain startup and proud creators of the viral NFT gaming platform of its time, ZED RUN. VHS has partnered with some of the most innovative and leading gaming and sports giants around the world, including Unikn and Atari just to name a few.
We are looking for an Engineering Leader to join and manage the delivery of our Blockchain entertainment product. Leading a team of 15 + engineers and supported by the Head of Engineering. You will have the opportunity to really take ownership of your leadership role and make a true impact on the business.
You have at least 5 + years of experience working in a similar position, ideally within blockchain. You are an entrepreneur who can get up to speed quickly, influence and motivate a large team and are able to align with key business objectives. You have experience working with the following technologies: Cloud, Infrastructure as a Code, scripting languages.
You have the flexibility required to work with a globally distributed development team across multiple time zones along with a good internet connection at all times to allow for easy facilitation of group video calls. You can write and speak fluent English.
- Experience managing a team of engineers
- A clear understanding of best practices for infrastructure
- Experience in supporting your team in developing their skills through performance reviews, coaching and 1 on 1s
- Experience leading the hiring process to ensure we continue to build a high performing team with top talent
- Understand the business vision & goals, ensuring that the team is aligned
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure product roadmap is realised and provide high level estimates in planning;\
- Continuous collaboration with the development team in making the best decisions to build and scale our core set of services;
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and high-impact defects; manage on-call rotation
- Pragmatic JIT optimisation to maintain performance and stability of our core product, without over optimising;
- A clear understanding of best practices for development with proactive involvement in code reviews and peer programming sessions
- Experience with scaling applications, leading architectural decisions and continuous delivery;
- Experience with DevOps, Kubernetes, blockchain technology, smart contracts;
- Google cloud experience is desirable but not essential.
Why Work For VHS?
- Attractive and competitive salary;
- Flexible work from home arrangement;
- A supportive friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- Exposure to the new aged world of Blockchain and NFT’s;
- Manage and take ownership of your team!
To be considered for this position please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter and/or digital video resume outlining and addressing the selection criteria.
100% Remote | Work From Home