Instaclustr is a Canberra based Australian owned open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch) for our customers around the world. Recently, Instaclustr named in Deloitte’s 2020 fast 500 companies of North America after another monumental growth year,
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with over 200 large scale and really exciting customers spread across the globe, and over 5000 servers under our management. We have offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe and employ over 220 people worldwide.
Instaclustr makes it easy for our customers to run powerful open source applications at the highest levels of scale. We have developed a platform that takes care of the whole lifecycle: provisioning infrastructure, installing applications and, most importantly, keeping the applications running reliably in production. Our customers operate 24 x7 and our business does too - our operations team is spread across the globe to provide fast, expert support and operational responses.
In this exciting growth phase we are looking for the Senior Redis Reliability Engineer to join our Canberra team. 100% Remote working can be considered.The Role:
If you have excellent operational knowledge in managing Redis clusters, look no further !!
As a Senior Redis Reliability Engineer, you are in the frontline team keeping our fleet of cloud-hosted Redis clusters up and running. Every day, you will diagnose and solve challenging and interesting technical problems in a highly automated environment. Our service is relied on by some of the leading global names in Banking and Financial Services, Telecom, IoT and other tech companies to deliver for millions of end users. Skills & Experience:
We're looking for smart engineers with exceptional communication and technical skills, a positive attitude, a passion for IT and learning new technologies. We expect you to be, or will quickly become proficient in the range of technologies we use. Successful candidates for this role will:
What we offer:
- Have strong operational experience in Redis and a desire to learn and develop an expert level of knowledge and expertise. This should include experience diagnosing issues such as Redis node failures through the analysis of metrics, logs, the Redis codebase and Redis’ issue log.
- Good fundamental computer science / software engineering skills and knowledge, particularly operating system internals, memory management, and networking.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux and be comfortable working from the command line.
- Ideally, programming skills in Ansible, Python or Java, and source code control using Git.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal English (essential).
- Follow required processes and procedures.
- Work as part of a team and use your initiative to get things done.
- Any customer service and/or support experience is favourable.
- Competitive remuneration
- Structured personal development days.
- The opportunity to focus on becoming an expert is an small set of in-demand open source technologies
- A well-defined career model and opportunities for progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Startup culture
- No corporate dress code (but plenty of Instaclustr gear)
- A flat structure and a get-stuff-done culture with just the right amount of process
Instaclustr is an equal opportunity employer. By joining us, you'll be part of an organization that fosters diversity. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.