- Want To Work For a Cutting Edge, Well backed, Tech Start-Up Within Blockchain and NFT’s?
- Are you a motivated, results-oriented team player?
- Do You Appreciate the Flexibility of Working From Home?
Virtually Human Studios (VHS) in exploring the fringes of entertainment delivery for the next generation. Founded in 2019, Virtually Human is a gaming and entertainment blockchain startup and proud creators of the viral NFT gaming platform of its time, ZED RUN. VHS has partnered with some of the most innovative and leading gaming and sports giants around the world, including Unikn and Atari just to name a few.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to manage the delivery of the Backend Platform underneath our Blockchain entertainment products. Leading a team of 15 + engineers and supported by the Head of Engineering and the CTO. You will have the opportunity to really take ownership of your leadership role and make a true impact on the business.
You have at least 5 + years of experience working in a similar position, ideally within blockchain. You are an entrepreneur who can get up to speed quickly, influence and motivate a large team and are able to align with key business objectives. You have experience working with the following technologies: Elixir, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Solidity, React and Python.
What you will do
- Provide Technical Leadership to productise and deliver the core backend platform that supports VHS products.
- Grow and lead the Platform Engineering team establishing the team and individual goals, development plans, conducting performance reviews and leading engagement initiatives.
- Facilitate and lead decision making for scaling applications, architectural decisions and continuous delivery.
- Enable individuals in the team to perform at their best.
- Lead continuous improvement.
- Drive optimisations as needed to stabilise and make our products performant.
- Be a key contributor to the hiring process of engineering personnel.
- Work with the Product team and ensure the right support so that the product roadmap is realised.
What you will bring
- Deep Elixir expertise.
- Experience managing a team of engineers and providing technical leadership.
- A clear understanding of best practices for development with proactive involvement in development, code reviews and peer programming sessions.
- Experience with scaling applications, leading architectural decisions and continuous delivery.
What will make you stand out
- Experience with DevOps, Kubernetes, blockchain technology, smart contracts.
- Google cloud experience is desirable but not essential.
Why Work For VHS?
- Attractive and competitive salary;
- Flexible work from home arrangement;
- A supportive friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- Exposure to the new aged world of Blockchain and NFT’s;
- Manage and take ownership of your team!
To be considered for this position please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter and/or digital video resume outlining and addressing the selection criteria.