- 100% work remotely
- Interesting and varied workload
- Global organisation
Our client is a global organisation that partners with financial market participants (equities, pension, superannuation, investments, property, etc.) to deliver services, solutions and technology platforms that enhance the user experience and make scaled administration simple.
They are currently seeking a 'Senior Fund Accountant - Tax' with experience with large super funds. The role offers the opportunity to work remotely from any location.
Their Retirement & Superannuation Solutions division combines its proprietary technology, process and people to deliver a comprehensive financial data solution to its superannuation clients. They support clients across all superannuation fund sectors including government, industry, retail and corporate. By accompanying their core member and employer administration with a full range of value-added services, they offer the most comprehensive superannuation administration solution on the market.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and results driven professional to deliver taxation services, to ensure their processes and systems are compliant and to mitigate tax risks. With a sound background and understanding of tax compliance and tax advisory, this is an integral role within the organisation. Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Implement regulations and legislative changes.
- Ensure systems and processes are up to date.
- Draft and maintain policies.
- Prepare and review tax reports.
- Assist the Fund Accounting team on queries around BAS preparation, review and lodgement, etc.
- Review tax provision calculations.
- Liaise with external tax advisors, clients and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and review interim and final distribution tax components.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on withholding tax related queries, complete withholding tax reclaim forms for different jurisdictions.
- Other distribution related support – (AMMA statement, AIIR reporting, investor distribution related queries, system upgrade, and template upgrade).
- Support the tax team to roll out training and implementation of tax related changes to the Operations team.
- Assist with ATO audit queries.
- Prior tax experience with large Super Funds.
- Understand applicable accounting and basic tax concepts, legislative framework and industry standards.
- Background and understanding of tax operations.
- Previous experience in custody, including unit pricing tax matters (desirable).
- Motivated, 'hands-on' person with initiative, an inquisitive mind and a willingness to deal with any number of tasks which need attention.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work with conflicting deadlines.
- Competent Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word user and ability to learn new software quickly.
- CA/CPA qualified or Tax qualification/s (desirable)
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic opportunity please APPLY today!