- Deloitte's 2020 fast 500 companies
- Flexible working arrangements
- Huge opportunity for career growth within the organisation
Instaclustr is an open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch & Redis) for our customers around the world. You'll deliver high quality solutions to challenging problems, and your ideas and perspectives will be valued and make a difference.
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with over 200 large scale and really exciting customers spread across the globe, and over 6200 servers under our management. We have offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe and employ over 260 people worldwide. What’s in it for you?
Instaclustr prides itself on being a workplace of choice for all of its employees. When you join our family this is what you can expect:
- A family first environment
- Growing Global company
- Workplace flexibility and great work-life balance
- Learn from incredibly talented people
- Start-up culture
- Exciting and fast-growing industry
- Company SWAG – Hoodies, t-shirt, thongs etc
- New Laptop
- Structured personal development week to undertake your own project
- Our rotation program which is a great opportunity for broadening your skills and experience by working with different people, teams, and technologies
- A well defined career model and opportunities for progression
- Phone bill allowance
- Wellness club with free fitness training sessions 3 times per week
- Wellbeing programs to nurture the body, mind and soul
Our TechOps Engineers are the front line team keeping our large fleet of cloud-hosted Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, Redis & PostgreSQL clusters up and running. Every day, you will diagnose and solve challenging and interesting technical problems in a highly automated environment. Our service is relied on by some of the leading global names in Banking and Financial Services, Telecom, IoT and other tech companies to deliver for millions of end users.
I'm interested. What else will I be doing?
Skills & Experience
- Provide expert operational support to our nodes running in the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP), using technologies such as Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), Docker, and languages including Java, Python and bash.
- Liaise with our customer's engineers in resolving issues with their use of Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL and other supported technologies.
- Undertake complex cluster operations such as migrations, upgrades and maintenance on our fleet of 6200+ nodes.
- Develop and continually improve our suite of internal automation tools, applications, and processes.
We're looking for smart engineers with exceptional communication skills, a positive attitude, and a passion for IT and learning new things. We expect you to be, or quickly become proficient in a range of the technologies we use. Successful candidates for this role will:
- Good fundamental computer science / software engineering skills and knowledge, particularly operating system internals, memory management, and networking.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux and be comfortable working from the command line.
- Operational skills in one of the technologies is preferred (Casandra or Redis)
- Ideally, programming skills in Ansible, Python or Java, and source code control using Git.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal English (essential).
- Follow required processes and procedures.
- Work as part of a team and use your initiative to get things done.
- Any customer service experience is favourable.
At Instaclustr we believe in diversity as a core asset. From the tools we use - to the technologies we choose - to the people we work with - understanding that diversity in approach, and leading with tolerance over dogma, has always led us to better success. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants.