What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balanceforbetter) and inclusion.
Commercial Account Executive-Sydney, Australia- Remote
Due to growth, we are looking for a Commercial Account Executive based in the Australia. The right candidates for this position will have a demonstrated history of success in selling IT software & services in these markets, preferably in the Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, or Analytics space. The ability to work independently in a rapidly growing environment is important, as is the ability to work with an early-stage technical product that provides real value to both technical and non-technical audiences. Value-based sales approach and "first on the ground" experience is major advantage.
The Commercial Account Executive will develop and manage a territory of 30-35 focused Commercial accounts (annual revenues <1B), with a primary focus on winning new ThoughtSpot customers. Pipeline generation is the lifeblood of this sales role, therefore we seek those who embrace the work of prospecting and make it a core of their business activities already. You will spend your time developing new opportunities, establishing trust and credibility with end-users, influencers, and decision makers at all levels of your assigned accounts, conducting product demonstrations in person and via web-based technologies, and managing complex sales cycles with these very large companies. Travel is currently not required for this role but could be up to 20-40% in the future.
- You have earned a Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- You have 3+ years quota carrying experience in a technology sales environment; prior inside sales experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently while teaming up with business partners (internal and external) to sell technology solutions priced at $50,000+
- Well-spoken and poised; ability to command the attention of a room and bring a high level of energy.
- People consider you a leader and you are adept at influencing others to work with you on behalf of the customer.
- Knowledge and experience in data analytics, business intelligence, and/or data warehousing is preferred but not required if you have a history of selling to mid-sized or large accounts, involving executives and lines of business in the decision process, a genuine commitment to learning and growing, and can learn quickly.
- While operating at a high level already, you seek to continue your career growth and view training and coaching as a benefit to your goals.
- Ability to track sales metrics and performance as a way to aid personal improvement
- We believe strongly in personal development for all members of our team, therefore we are only considering candidates interested in career growth and continuous learning.
What will set you apart:
- A track record of being either the "first person in the region" or one of the early major contributors in region for an enterprise software company
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ThoughtSpot is the Modern Analytics Cloud company. Our mission is to create a more fact-driven world with the easiest to use analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, anyone can leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. Companies can now put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications improve decision-making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s developer-friendly platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. Organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society rely on ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.